I don't know why, but I'm proud of us. It has been so nice to go to church this morning and spend the rest of the day relaxing together at home. I've even managed to not turn on the television and shock upon shock...it's not so bad. I'm looking forward to many more Sundays to come together.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Summer Sunday
It was so nice to finally attend church this morning as husband and wife. I don't know how, but it somehow seems more fun. It was definitely weird to stand up and introduce myself as Vanessa Moore to a group of people for the first time. Kyle and I had decided to stay at home this afternoon rather than run errands in an effort to keep the sabbath day holy....until we noticed last night that we had just enough money on a gift card to buy the Kitchenaid mixer of our dreams at Macy's. We debated about what to do because today was the last day of the sale that made the price reasonable. We planned to run to the mall after church and buy the mixer before spending the rest of the day at home...but then we heard several times in the talks today about honoring the sabbath day and by the end of church we both decided that the dream mixer could wait a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm proud of you both! Good decision! So did you buy the mixer today instead or are you getting it later?
Somehow I just knew the sale would magically still be going on and you'd get your dream mixer :-) So glad to hear it! That should be your next blog post :-)
Post a Comment