Saturday, December 20, 2008

Belated Turkey Day Recap

Another month has just about come and gone...so what does that mean? Time for about a dozen recap posts. I've decided it's not so much about staying on top of the blog. As long as I continue to post on at least a monthly basis, I'm happy.

Thinking back to a month ago (aka the last time we were all getting ready to stuff ourselves with tons of holiday food)....

Thanksgiving was rather uneventful...and for that I was actually thankful. Last year, I spent the holiday with Kyle and his family in Utah and Idaho. It was an opportunity to meet his grandparents and catch a glance at a couple states that I hadn't ventured to. The trip was fun and I was so glad that I went but it just didn't feel like Thanksgiving. Every year since I was a kid, we would all get up to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while lunch was cooking. Last year I made it to a tv that had only two channels just in time to see Santa wave as the credits rolled...NOT the same.

Utah

Idaho

This year I decided to attempt to host Thanksgiving in our extremely cozy 650 square foot apartment. Needless to say it was tight. My parents came up to celebrate with us. We all watched the parade while my mom and I continued to bump into each other in the kitchen. We borrowed two chairs from Kyle's theater so that we had enough for everyone without breaking out the Longhorn lawn chairs. The food was amazing and it was nice to spend some low key time with my family. It wasn't quite as big of a production this year, but it was a success none the less.


No comments: