Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend has been very nice and chill...or chilly. It's finally beginning to feel a little more like Christmas weatherwise, but like every other cold front it is not supposed to last. Last night we went out on a double date to see the new Bond movie and grab some dinner. We discovered a new, rather inexpensive restaurant and had fun seeing Quantum of Solace at Alamo Drafthouse. We also discovered that we really are a frugal couple. We drop less than $50 between dinner and a movie and consider it a real treat. I guess it is a good thing that we're developing those habits now while we are still young. I can honestly say that I never feel like we are missing out on too much when we split a meal or go for the less expensive items on the menu. We still go out on dates together and enjoy ourselves just the same. Today, I had lunch with a friend before Kyle and I went shopping at the outlet mall. Outlet malls are just fun. You can usually find some great deals and it's just different walking around outdoors and enjoying the weather as you shop. It started getting chilly, so we left and grabbed some Mexican food on the way home. All in all it's been a relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

hey!! so glad you started a blog too, very cool :)

glad everything is going so well!

and by the way, SO wish I could be that good with money, hahaha. Aaron and I are both spenders, and find ourselves rationalizing $50 Sushi bills as "reasonable". I think we may need an intervention ;)

Sarah Eve said...

I like the new holiday background! P.S. Please send me a facebook message with your mailing address so I can send you two a Christmas card :-)