
Nothing like a massive thunderstorm with three tornadoes touching down within ten minutes of where you are huddled in your bathtub alone with the dog to make you think about the importance of things. I can't believe that the first night Kyle works a late theatre gig in over a month a crazy storm decides to sweep the city of Austin leaving his wife freaked out. I will say one thing...I got everything together like a pro. As soon as the TV man told me to take shelter immediately, I grabbed flashlights, candles, lighters, a water pitcher, granola bar and reading material. I could have camped out until morning if necessary. I prayed harder than I have in quite some time as I heard through the bathroom door that a third tornado had touched down across 183 from us. I'm so thankful that everything ended up being okay and we survived. I still don't know if my car survived the hail...I'll check when it stops raining. So my girls night of painting nails, blogging, making rice crispy treats and watching chick flicks turned into a night of huddling in the one part of the bathroom that I didn't get to cleaning last weekend. Lovely...
2 comments:
I had no idea the storm was that serious! Glad you're ok!
Yikes! I didn't know that storm was that serious either! I'm so glad that all is well now.
Post a Comment