Monday, March 2, 2009

Real Simple Macaroni & Cheese with Cauliflower

Real Simple Magazine's Macaroni & Cheese


Last month I had a coupon for Real Simple Magazine, so I bought the February issue for the comfort food recipe section advertised on the cover. I absolutely LOVE Real Simple magazine, but each issue typically runs $4-$5...so I only buy them occasionally as a special treat. I've been dying to try this recipe in particular...and tonight I did! Kyle has to work until 2am tonight and I am trying to stay up to see him (hence the making mac 'n cheese at midnight.)

My Version:


I was really expecting this macaroni to be magical macaroni...didn't quite live up to my expectations. For all of the cheese that I put in it didn't actually have a lot of taste. It's still pretty good. I'm proud of myself though for finally starting to do/make things that I have been thinking about over the past few months. Go me!

1 comment:

cate said...

I totally made this same recipe about a month ago. Matt loves cauliflower and cheese but we were both a bit unimpressed with this recipe. Too funny that we both tried it with about the same results!