Last Monday I had the chance to finally feel what many other Americans have felt before me...what it is like to be laid off from a job. For those of you who haven't felt the special feelings associated with this experience...they are not fun. Friday was a normal day at work. Everything was positive and going strong. Monday, after about an hour of work, several of us were notified that the company had lost their biggest account which meant that three of us were being let go. The entire conversation felt like an out of body experience for me. I'm still trying to piece together everything and figure out what my next move will be. I guess this is the way the cookie crumbles in the real working world. On a related note, I'm guessing that the blog is about to undergo a few changes as I begin this new chapter in my life. Things are about to get random as I go about finding a new job, attempting to save money like crazy and exploring a few of my untapped interests and hobbies that I never had time for. Here we go...
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this, V. Best of luck on your job applications & stay strong! You're smart & talented so just keep at it every day and things will work out. <3 Megan
So sorry about the job loss. Never fun. Good luck on the job hunt!
Post a Comment