Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Married Valentine's Day!!


This year to celebrate hearts & love day we decided to keep things a little more low key. We both were in need of a day to recharge. I had a baby shower to go to in the morning, so Kyle made me breakfast while I got ready. After the shower, we went out for a nice lunch together at a local restaurant. Kyle's biggest Valentine's gift this year was an individual massage for both of us. His massage was scheduled first, so I dropped him off on the way home. When I opened the door, there were some beautiful flowers and chocolate truffles waiting for me that he had set up while I had been gone in the morning. While Kyle was being massaged, I set up his gifts (chocolate, a candy toolbox and a book) next to where my gifts had been placed. Next, I went for my massage, which was super fancy. You got to adjust the room temperature, you could have the bed heated and she even put lavender oils on the headrest. She used hot stones for part of the massage...which was Amazing! I'd never had a hot stone massage before, but I have to say that I'm definitely a fan now. Sooo relaxing....

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies at home. That night we attempted making lasagna for the first time together from scratch and then had our own romantic, candlelit dinner at home. No crowded restaurant, no super expensiveness and no waiting or reservation necessary.

All in all, Valentine's day was everything that I hoped it would be!

No comments: